>>>Saturday B&W Thread - 2/16/2013>>> cont...

Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
digby dart
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,163
Like?
Feb 18, 2013

As the main tread count has maxed out, please for give me again if I bundle the rest of my comments in this new thread.

seajunky:Thanks Steve, my unusual frames of late may have something to do with having run out of cigarettes a month back, shops closed, I had a crack at smoking a cutting from an old cane chair - wow stuff looks different now! lol My best to you mate.

Bruno:lol mate, I have one of those tobacco rolling machine tins you remember, using it now as the new Marlboro rolling tobacco makes the best cigarette I have ever enjoyed - one of my many unpopular pastimes. Love the single point perspective in your frame mate, really hammers home the notion of a small space between the rail trucks and holds the focus - good stuff mate.

Jack:Thanks mate, very much appreciated, I am getting pretty set in my ways so it will take someone pretty special to make me want to let go of that. Love your mission frame, the tones give me that sheltered feeling where I am nestled up in a personal space - beautifully done. Big rummage around a Marcus ear from me!

Peg:Thanks heaps, some people get their sub culture look just right and it's compelling to photograph, even better, like people congregate which gives window into new worlds. I see much of your soul in your sea side frame, brilliant composition - its more an event than a photographic frame, from the projecting in boy figure to the clouds I am in there soaking it all up and frolicking around like the boy in the shallows. One of your best - look after yourself.

Snap:Thank you Rick, your film analogy gives me lots of encouragement as I used to be mesmerized by grain in my converted telephone box darkroom from my teens - a magic time when we re envisaged the world. The way you host this weekly thread is a credit to you mate - my very best to you.

ToneM:Very much appreciated mate, I am by nature self indulgent and notice anything interfering with that, looking for cracks in the fabric of the modern machine and trying to open them up for play. Your frame is very well spotted, composed and brilliantly named - its as much an artistic/social essay as an excellent photograph, the title directing the inevitable discourse. My very best to you.

DezM:Thanks very much mate, the first frame is just three friends in a mall viewed from above, one rolling a cigarette for another after lunch while the third just enjoys the moment - sub culture day to day. I imagined I was on the shoulder of a passing crow when reviewing the frame. Your frame is made very special by the lovely rythm in the lamp posts as they cross the view, really gives the vista a very harmonious ambiance which you capitalize on beautifully. Best to you.

Its an honor to be part of this thread, to mix it with those who clearly love photography and whose ability is well beyond dispute. My very best to you all.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow