E-5 vs K-5 ii Locked

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,912Gear list
Re: E-5 vs K-5 ii
In reply to DaveP E1, Feb 18, 2013

I think you would be fine with K5ii sight unseen. It's a very put together camera like the E-1 was. The OM-D is completely different. It doesn't have the feel that you could use it for self-defense like the E-1 did. So it's level of confidence can be mistaken because of it's size. I hope you are able to hold all of these in hand in the shop because that tells a person so much. You  might find the OM-D to be amazing. I suspect that being a left eye shooter may have some impact though. You also might find the K30 is enough. If upgrading to the K5ii means lesser lenses, I'd say K30 all the way, but then again, it might come down to feel and that is very important.

Good luck. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the options you are looking at. All of these blow the E-1 away in AF, ISO, Resolution, DR, and general operational speed. Ergonomics doesn't get better than the E-1, but I'd say the Pentax bodies are very close. The OM-D is just very different and very good nonetheless. The IQ and 5-axis IS is brilliant. The size and weight are so diminutive for it's exceptional capabilities that I'm not surprised that people love them.

Let us know when you decide on and if you are able to get to a store and try them out.

Best,

Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow