Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
arie
Regular MemberPosts: 396
Like?
Opinion on cropping portraits
Feb 18, 2013

I was shooting a friend's portrait yesterday while walking in the park and was using my new Tam 28-75mm DI SP and A77.

http://www.sharpeyestudio.com/cincinnati/2013/portrait-on-a-winters-day

When I was going through the shots, I felt like I could do some cropping to make the composition more appealing. I did so with a few of them, but could have definitely cropped more of them. I feel like I'm cheating in some way when I crop an image but I'm probably not thinking about it the right way.

Is it common to do some post-shoot cropping with portraits or any other type of shot for that matter? Also, I can assume that the crop aspect ratio needs to be the same so it matches the rest of the shots (duh).

-- hide signature --

1500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you knew that people were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. -MIB

Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow