ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Haider
Contributing MemberPosts: 974
Like?
Olympus
Feb 18, 2013

Hi,

It's been interesting chewing the fat of the announcements, conjecture, opinion and all the rest. I really have no vested interests. I have an E-520. I won't be buying another body 'cause I'm happy with it, it works, if it breaks I'd get it repaired. I am not saying it's perfect but I can live with it. The reaction I have seen from the output at 8x10, A3 and a top end consumer plasma TV Joe Bloggs can't really tell the diff between our professional full-frame wedding shots. I'm not saying there isn't a difference but it is not what I want to get into.

I have other stuff too and I may pick up another lens but the 14-54mm Mk 1 covers such a big focal range and it does it so well. It's kinda like Oly shot themselves in the foot with that and the 12-60mm and 50-200mm. I never got the 50-200mm I hardly use the 50-150mm kit lens to warrant that kinda of outlay on it. May be a used 11-22mm f2.8.:-) It's a bit wider and the 2.8 will help at dusk.

Anyways back on to topic 4/3rds is all about lens. Oly have the best lens range bar none. Truly world class. I'm not saying they cover every little niche like a Leica Noctilux or 1000mm f1. Finally Oly seems to have got a world class 4/3rds sensor. Praise the lord, hallelujah hallelujah. They have also learnt to create a smaller camera with an hand/battery grips for helping to handle and balance bigger lens. Praise the lord, hallelujah hallelujah. For some reason PDAF has not been cracked to the level required yet for introducing ZD 4/3rds lens on m4/3rds. That's damaged Oly a lot. From announcements Oly have they would always have an DSLR product. I thought they would like only keep the E-x range and migrate the rest of the E-XXX and E-XX userbase to OM-D hybrid with the hand/battery grips so you can use the 7-14mm, 12-60mm, 50-200mm or the 14-54mm on the OM-D. It has pretty much seemed that way. Now it could be plan B but I don't think they are going down that path. E-X shrunk but with grips to handle the bigger lens. E-X has never really been that much smaller than an APS-C competitors. Anyways I think autumn/winter 2013 you can expect E-7 that will build on the E-5.

Haider

Olympus E-5 Olympus E-520
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow