How come the 1680z is around same size as 18250?

Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dave Oddie
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,776
Like?
Re: How come the 1680z is around same size as 18250?
In reply to dpyy, Feb 18, 2013

dpyy wrote:

Almazar80 wrote:

If you are looking for a lens for the NEX, may I suggest the 18-200 (non LE). It is a great lens for the system. Of course, it is even bigger than the 16-80, 16-50, and 18-250 for the Alpha cameras.

Now, if you were looking for a lens for the Alpha, I'd get the 16-50mm f2.8 or the 16-80mm Zeiss.

I've looking for an Alpha lens because I want to use it with my EA2 adapter which gives my PDAF. I'm trying to decide between, 1650, 1680 and 18250 where the size is the main concern with the first one otherwise I would get that without a doubt.

Just sell the EA2 adapter.  The idea of that is to allow people such as myself who have a number of A mount lenses to use them on a Nex if I ever bought one.  If you like it is to allow "legacy" A mount lenses to be used on an E mount camera.

The idea of buying new A mount lenses specifically for use on a Nex when there are equivalent e-mount lenses out there anyway just so you can use the EA2 seems crazy to me.  The e-mount lenses are stabilized and are designed to work with the camera.  The A mount lenses are not.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow