ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pw3010
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Epson R2880 and Colour Management in Windows 8
Feb 18, 2013

Hi folks,

I've come across a colour management issue that's doing my head in, so I thought I'd see if anyone here could help?!

I have an R2880 that produces great prints.  I had my system set up on Windows 7 with my monitor calibrated with a Spyder 3, and I was printing pretty accurate screen/printer matched colours from Photoshop CS4.  CS4 is setup on my system with Adobe RGB as the default working space, and I was printing with CS4 managing the colours.  I think I was using the Adobe RGB printer profile (although it could have been the Epson Prem Glossy one, I can't recall).  The printer colour control setting is off.

I upgraded my system to windows 8, and it screwed up the colour settings.  I recalibrated the monitor, and tried the same settings for the printer as before.  Now if I use the Adobe RGB printer profile I get very dark and under saturated prints.  If I use the Epson Prem Glossy one the results are a lot better, but still seem to have too much magenta in them.

Any ideas on whether I've done something wrong or missed something would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Pete

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow