Started Feb 18, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
srhorwitz
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Recommendation for extending my NEX 7's focal length
Feb 18, 2013

I have a NEX 7 and three lenses for it (all Sony). One of my lenses is Sony's 55-210mm zoom, which I love. I am interested in expanding the focal length though that I can shoot out, out to at least 500mm. This is so I can shoot photos of distant subjects, such as small zoo animals. What are my options to accomplish this? I should also say that most of the photos, if not all, that I intend to shoot with this will be in daylight, so I don't need a particularly fast lens and in the few situations where I might shoot in low light, I do have a very good tripod.
The key reason why I switched from a traditional dSLR to my NEX 7 was to keep the weight of my camera gear down so I am interesting in something that is light, yet yields great quality images. I am thinking a tele converter might be a good solution, but I haven't found one yet in an E-mount format. I prefer to stick with pure E-mount glass, for the light weight.

Any ideas or recommendations you have will be appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow