Make D600 AF-point light up when in focus!

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chas P
Contributing MemberPosts: 812Gear list
Like?
Re: Make D600 AF-point light up when in focus!
In reply to barelars, Feb 18, 2013

barelars wrote:

Hi i have a D600, is there any way to make te fokus points light up when the subject is in focus? mine lights up the focus point when i halfpress no mather if the subject is in focus or not.

I know there is this little dot at the bottom left corner but it would be better to make the af point light up when in focus than to look far down into the corner all the time.

Hope this is possible. (Had this on my 7D)

Thanks for your answers in advance!

I can only imagine that Nikon hobble their cameras to make us buy AF lenses. I'm not sure you're talking about manual focus here, but nonetheless, Canon's ability to light the selected point when it's in focus, and use trap focus with manual lenses is proof as if it were needed that this useful feature has been deliberately omitted.

Just coupling the MF dot >o< with the selected point would be such a simple firmware fix, but I'd never have upgraded all my Ai lenses if they implemented it.

Chas P's gear list:Chas P's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 II DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow