Is there a decent free image resize program available?

Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
Is there a decent free image resize program available?
Feb 18, 2013

A friend of mine likes to send lots of images through email. I have told him that he needs to resize the images because sending 20 or more images in an email, each of 10 or 12 MB in size, generates an email much too large for most people's email limitations. Of course he could send 10 or more emails, each with one image, but he does not seem very interested in doing that.

I have lots of applications that will resize but he is neither technical nor interested in editing his photos very much. He does not want to spend money on an app to resize so none of my apps that resize - CS5, LR4, PSP X5, etc, will work for him.

I first recommended Picasa thinking that it would do what he needed but it does not seem to have any image resize functionality. Are there any Windows based programs that are free, easy to use and able to resize images?

Thanks.

Pentax X-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow