Want to learn Photography, Which is the best DSLR for it ?

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Questions thread
bugzie
Senior MemberPosts: 1,528
Like?
Re: Want to learn Photography, Which is the best DSLR for it ?
In reply to roby17269, Feb 18, 2013

roby17269 wrote:

bugzie wrote:

He said he wanted to learn photography. If he was asking about a suitable camera for casual shooting and family shots, no, I wouldn't advise he buy a camera like the D200. I just put it up as a suggestion. If he's serious about learning photography, a D200 might be just the ticket. And they're cheap as chips. Around $300 on KEH.

I agree with Bugzie: in the Canon world I would suggest a used 20D / 30D / 40D (depending on price) because of the improved control layout (compared to the 1100D).

In my personal experience, moving from a 350D to a 20D years ago helped me taking much more control on my photography, specifically because the control layout of the 20D made using the M mode much more enjoyable.

I think the D200 would be a great starter camera.

-- hide signature --

Yes, I agree here. Using semi-automatic and manual modes are far more enjoyable on a more advanced camera. You're encouraged to use them because there's far less fiddling about. You're not bamboozled by all the automation.

I just made a suggestion. Only the OP knows what he means when he says he wants to learn photography. I learnt photography on an all-manual film SLR. I find the D200 far easier to use than some of the more dinky models. It's just a suggestion for the OP to consider. If you really want to learn, get a camera that forces you to learn. That's how a lot of us older folk learnt. The easier a dSLR looks, the greater the effort required to control it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow