Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
David V
Contributing MemberPosts: 979Gear list
Like?
Re: Return policy works fine for Amazom
In reply to TThorne, Feb 18, 2013

TThorne wrote:

misterpepper wrote:

I don't understand why you are being so defensive. We both agree Amazon loses money on returns. You feel justified in using their return policy to your advantage, and you are well within your right to do so. I choose not to, even though there is no specific rule that says I shouldn't. All I've tried to do is to point out that even though it is allowed within the rules of Amazon, and even though Amazon is aware and plans for it to happen, it still hurts their bottom line.

That's actually not true. If more people make more purchases, turning their trust and loyalty to Amazon for a multitude of their needs, and the return policy and overall customer service plays a role in those decisions (it does), then it as arguable that the policy yields an overall positive affect on their bottom line.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

Yes....It just boggles the mind that he either don't understand this simple and common principle of sales and marketing not matter how many times it has been explained in this thread.

David V's gear list:David V's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow