PDavis
Regular MemberPosts: 455Gear list
Like?
Re: few shots from past weekend.
In reply to doros, Feb 18, 2013

doros wrote:

yeah i shoot in raw, my lens is the 18-55 mm kit lens that come with 600D

this is is probably the problem.

Your gear is definitely not the issue here.

The first photo is decent, but for this type of shot to be compelling, the lighting needs to be better. As someone else pointed out, time of day makes a huge difference.

The other two need work.  The harsh light and busy background of the flower shot don't do it justice.  The shack is screaming for a closer, less centered crop.  What is your main subject here?  The shack, the trees, the clouds? That shack looks like it has some interesting texture.  Fill the frame.

I'm not just pointing fingers...I know I am equally guilty of under achievement in my photography because I spend more time reading about gear and CA correction than art and composition.

There are many decent books and websites that will help your photography.  I'm reading this book and have really benefited:

http://www.amazon.com/Bryan-Petersons-Understanding-Composition-Field/dp/0770433073/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Your T3i with kit lens is NOT your limitation

PDavis's gear list:PDavis's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow