Inspiring next lens (for trip to Vietnam)

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Questions thread
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,893Gear list
Like?
Re: Inspiring next lens (for trip to Vietnam)
In reply to deleted-13120401, Feb 18, 2013

hoosh wrote:

Thanks to all for your thoughts. I got the 45mm from a local store for a pretty good price (330 USD, bought in HK) and absolutely love it. I won't share any photos yet because they're not share-worthy content-wise but they're fantastic. Appreciate your suggestions. I took it out for two whole days not changing the lens and enjoyed thinking and seeing in a new perspective.

It is a very good decision it makes for a very well balanced system : with 14, 25, 45mm you have a widowe angle, a normal and a short tele. This is exactly what used to be sold for film rangefinders to reporters wanting to travel light. Personally I like the short tele range in the streets, as well as the 25mm and the 14mm will serve you well for landscapes or architecture. you have got the perfect trilogy. The 12mm would have been a littler too redundant with your 14mm.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow