Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrPete
Regular MemberPosts: 136
Like?
V1 18.5mm Michigan Winter
Feb 18, 2013

Just started using this lens - here are two from today.  Shot raw and pp in PS6.  Sharpened a little. Tweaked exposure/contrast/highlights/shadows to my liking.  PS6 (actually current ACR) doesn't appear to have the 18.5mm lens parameters yet - but I did manually remove some purple fringe that appeared in the high contrast areas (primarily seen on dark tree branch edges).

Correct me if I"m wrong, but I don't believe the V1 corrects ANY lens issues when shooting raw.

I really like using the V1.  For my laid back shooting style, it focuses quickly and almost always hits the exposure in the ball park.  Feels good in my hands.  Thing I dislike the most is the forced image review after the shot!

For me, photography is fun.  Doesn't matter to me if the V1 doesn't have the best sensor, lenses, or whatever - I enjoy using it.  Going off to have some more fun!

Pete

Mona Lake in West Michigan

Michigan Winter Sky

Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow