Warning!!!

Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jtoolman
jtoolman Veteran Member • Posts: 5,518
Warning!!!

I recently did a bit of maintenance on a few of my printers. Two R1900 one R2400 and one R2880

The reason is because about a month ago I experienced Purge Unit cloggs on both R1900 which required repeated back flushing through the drain tubes and aspiration while also adding fluif to the top of the pad. It was a P I the A!!!

So as a preventitive I basically pippetted about 2ml of Windex on top of each purge pad and turned the printers Off On and back Off.

This was two days ago. Tonight I went down to the print room to print a few things for a friend only to find all four printers had all their inks wicked from their refillable carts.

How did I know? The waste ink bottles told the story.

So for the rest of this evening I emptied waste ink and refilled and primed four sets of carts. I then ran cleaning cycles to get everthing firing and ran nozzle checks and test prints.

I then left the printers on for the rest of the night. No more wicking of ink has taken place.

So it appears this was a no no. Apparently there was enough fluid Windex of the pad surface to create a fierce wicking action once the head assumed the parked position while powering off.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xrdbear MOD
xrdbear MOD
xrdbear MOD
xrdbear MOD
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow