Photos from 2 cameras, unsynced clocks.

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Questions thread
suddie1215
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,782Gear list
Like?
Re: Photos from 2 cameras, unsynced clocks.
In reply to ernieba1, Feb 18, 2013

Like I said earlier you have several options:

1.  In Lightroom, you can use the Edit Capture Time function to either advance or turn back one set of the photos by 30 minutes.  Click on Metadata > Edit Capture Time > Adjust to a specific date and time from the menu and its essentially self-explanatory.

So you can use Lightroom's flitering by metadata (the \ backslash key) to find all the photos in the shoot taken with a particular camera, select them, then make the time adjustment to the first photo and it will also modify the other photos by a similar amount of time.

The only limitation is that these adjustments will only show up in Lightroom (also, Lightroom does not write to all the possibly time fields so sorting might still be off in Windows Explorer, for example).  For a more thorough solution look at a utility like EXIFTool:  http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

ernieba1 wrote:

I'm using Windows 7, I have Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS2 (possibly upgrading soon), and shot RAW (on a Canon 6D, so it's a CR2 file). I don't still have the cameras, though I have the still loaded SD cards.

Both cameras clocks might be incorrect, but they were incorrect differently. The issue is that I went from one to the other often in quick succession, so when reviewing them, I get a picture from one moment, then one from half an hour later, then earlier, later, etc. I just need to move all that came from one camera back; the actual time is unimportant.

Thanks for your help!

suddie1215's gear list:suddie1215's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +11 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow