Wife loves X100

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
El Chubasco
Regular MemberPosts: 381Gear list
Like?
Re: Wife loves X100
In reply to TThorne, Feb 17, 2013

TThorne wrote:

Those are really pretty. I am in Southern California and it has been 80 degrees and summer like. I miss the East Coast and want to go home! I had the OMD also, with the nicest lenses M43 had to offer, and it was a great setup, but your wife is right, and it vexes me to no end that I am unable to articulate what is so special about the Fuji images, but it is there, and we do enjoy it, so I shoot only on my X100 and X Pro 1's now.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

Well, I am thinking about it. I also have the complete m4/3 set up and I know that one loses  money selling the gear. I do not know if I can take the burden right now. Even when my wife loves the X100 it is going to be difficult to justify the expense again, last year I sold all my Nikon gear to switch to m4/3. Unfortunately Fuji was not in the horizon for me at that time...

I have found that the IBIS in the OMD is quite impressive. That is what is one of the reasons preventing me to switch to X1-Pro in addition to autofocus speed.

Do you miss the IBIS now that you shoot with X1-PRO?

Thanks for your comments!

El Chubasco's gear list:El Chubasco's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 II Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow