Wife loves X100

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
El Chubasco
Regular MemberPosts: 238Gear list
Like?
Re: Wife loves X100
In reply to TThorne, Feb 17, 2013

TThorne wrote:

Those are really pretty. I am in Southern California and it has been 80 degrees and summer like. I miss the East Coast and want to go home! I had the OMD also, with the nicest lenses M43 had to offer, and it was a great setup, but your wife is right, and it vexes me to no end that I am unable to articulate what is so special about the Fuji images, but it is there, and we do enjoy it, so I shoot only on my X100 and X Pro 1's now.

As far as what to do with your OMD, well, it is still very capable, and there are some good advantages to M43 systems at this time, so maybe let it out for more playtime. If you are that convinced, however, as I was, and you need an interchangeable lens camera, try out an X Pro 1 or X-E1. Images are not exactly the same as the X100, but still have that overall pleasing quality that you can't quite put your finger on.
-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

Well, I am thinking about it. I also have the complete m4/3 set up and I know that one loses  money selling the gear. I do not know if I can take the burden right now. Even when my wife loves the X100 it is going to be difficult to justify the expense again, last year I sold all my Nikon gear to switch to m4/3. Unfortunately Fuji was not in the horizon for me at that time...

I have found that the IBIS in the OMD is quite impressive. That is what is one of the reasons preventing me to switch to X1-Pro in addition to autofocus speed.

Do you miss the IBIS now that you shoot with X1-PRO?

Thanks for your comments!

El Chubasco's gear list:El Chubasco's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony RX100 II Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow