best flash set up for skin tones

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Questions thread
Lawrence Keeney
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,061Gear list
Like?
Re: best flash set up for skin tones
In reply to Shirvington, Feb 17, 2013

OK, now I understand.

I would say shoot a white balance card prior to the shoot with the lighting set up as you plan to shoot the mode. Be sure to set your camera to the white balance you shot, and not leave it in Auto.

As for lighting set up, it will depend on if the model is standing, sitting, or laying on a bed. If the model is standing or sitting, I would make sure she is about 6' from the background if you want to eliminate shadows on the background. You can also light the background separately if you want to make sure there are no shadows.

As for lighting setups, I suggest you take a look at youtube and do a search for studio lighting. You will find hundreds of lighting videos.

I would also suggest you get a stand-in person and do some testing prior to your actual shoot. This will not only help you in getting the lighting correct, but you will be more comfortable when it iis time for the actual shoot because you will have less things to think about.

Good luck with your shoot.

If you want lighting tips on this forum, I suggest you pick specific poses you are going to shoot, and explain how many lights you have, and what light modifiers you have available for the shoot. The more specific you can be the better answers you will receive.

-- hide signature --
 Lawrence Keeney's gear list:Lawrence Keeney's gear list
Olympus E-10 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow