Am I crazy? Considering OM-D over K-5II...

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
JoeMoMo
JoeMoMo Regular Member • Posts: 185
Am I crazy? Considering OM-D over K-5II...

Fellow Pentaxians,

I recently sold my K-7 because I've been disappointed in its performance indoors and in low light when compared to my Canon S95 P&S. I never made the investment in fast zooms or primes, so I do know that I limited my K-7 quite a bit. Now that the K-5II is out with a high performing sensor, I'm thinking that I should see a tremendous improvement, especially since my plan would be to purchase the body only and a fast zoom or prime as my first lens (no more kit lens). Of course, I wouldn't be a good shopper or just an OCD nut if I didn't consider the other elephant in the room, that being the OM-D EM-5. I know it's a different beast altogether, but the performance and size/weight are definitely compelling. I mostly shoot family (2 kids under 4), nature and landscapes, but want to expand more into the hobby with astro and night photography. I occasionally shoot weddings and other gatherings for friends (nothing at a pro or paid level) just for fun and I know I have a future with dance recitals, so that should definitely be in the consideration for my next purchase.

Please help as I know I'm over thinking, which is obvious through the many posts to different forums on this site and others.

Thanks...

JoeMoMo's gear list:JoeMoMo's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot S95 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ET2
nikola123 MOD
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow