Am I crazy? Considering OM-D over K-5II...

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JoeMoMo
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
Am I crazy? Considering OM-D over K-5II...
Feb 17, 2013

Fellow Pentaxians,

I recently sold my K-7 because I've been disappointed in its performance indoors and in low light when compared to my Canon S95 P&S. I never made the investment in fast zooms or primes, so I do know that I limited my K-7 quite a bit. Now that the K-5II is out with a high performing sensor, I'm thinking that I should see a tremendous improvement, especially since my plan would be to purchase the body only and a fast zoom or prime as my first lens (no more kit lens). Of course, I wouldn't be a good shopper or just an OCD nut if I didn't consider the other elephant in the room, that being the OM-D EM-5. I know it's a different beast altogether, but the performance and size/weight are definitely compelling. I mostly shoot family (2 kids under 4), nature and landscapes, but want to expand more into the hobby with astro and night photography. I occasionally shoot weddings and other gatherings for friends (nothing at a pro or paid level) just for fun and I know I have a future with dance recitals, so that should definitely be in the consideration for my next purchase.

Please help as I know I'm over thinking, which is obvious through the many posts to different forums on this site and others.

Thanks...

JoeMoMo's gear list:JoeMoMo's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot S95 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow