Minolta lenses are back focusing

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
theswede
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,936Gear list
Like?
Re: Minolta lenses are back focusing
In reply to Habs Fan27, Feb 17, 2013

Habs Fan27 wrote:

I can say for sure that my 70-210 is backfocusing after some more testing yesterday. It was not before (or at least not to this extent) so I'm inclined to think they adjusted the autofocus in the body or did nothing at all.

This leads me to conclude the AF was adjusted in the lense only to compensate for an added error in the body.

They did replace the mirror box so I wonder if this messed up the autofocus, or maybe they just did a crap job?

The mirror in an SLT is just a mirror, no box. The replacement mirror probably had a slightly different position or angle, which is expected as it's a cheap product, and the adjustment afterwards was probably in the lense software. The expected result in this case would be spot on focusing with that lense only and backfocus with all other lenses. This is why it's imperative to send along all lenses one wants good focus on when having the camera AF adjusted.

When I get a good block of time, I'll try to tackle the adjustment myself. Thanks to everyone for the input.

Glad to hear you got it better.

Jesper

theswede's gear list:theswede's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony SLT-A37 Sony 50mm F1.4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow