Want to learn Photography, Which is the best DSLR for it ?

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Questions thread
bugzie
Senior MemberPosts: 1,528
Like?
Re: Want to learn Photography, Which is the best DSLR for it ?
In reply to FilmyNinaad, Feb 17, 2013

I'm not at all sure what you can buy for 30,000 INR. If you can't afford a new camera, don't worry. Get an older, second-hand camera. A camera is better than no camera. 

Around that price range, you could get a Nikon D200. Which is ancient but full of pro features and much better handling. Be warned tho, the sensor is very dated. But you have the ability to meter with old manual focus lenses, a proper viewfinder, a great buffer, much better ergonomics that entry level cameras. With entry-level cameras, you're battling all the automation. With something like the D200, it forces you to learn your own settings. I still shoot with my D200, and it's a lovely, old beast. It's not great in low-light situations. But I've been using SLRs or nearly 40 years and am not fussed it's not good in low light. I shoot at base ISO as much as I can anyway. I still think ISO400 is fast!

Whatever you choose, don't fret about not being able to afford the latest and the greatest. A friend of mine shoots with a really crappy old Pentax and some really dodgy old lenses he's picked up for a song. There's a certain dignity in doing this on the cheap. If you can get great shots out of a really dodgy old camera, you have a talent money can't buy. You can have a lot of fun doing things on the cheap and you can learn so much.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow