Do any MX-1 owners have any comparison shots they've taken with other premium compacts?

Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Greynerd
Senior MemberPosts: 3,591
Like?
Re: Do any MX-1 owners have any comparison shots they've taken with other premium compacts?
In reply to marike6, Feb 17, 2013

marike6 wrote:

Greynerd wrote:

Why is your camera model shown as Ricoh only whereas others are Pentax Ricoh. Is the branding being shifted on the compacts to Ricoh?

The MX-1 firmware causes it to be detected by Flickr as "Pentax Ricoh IMAGING Pentax MX-1" which AFAIK, is the official name of Pentax now that Ricoh has purchased them.

By the way, it's not my MX-1. I don't have one yet, but if I keep seeing nice IQ like in MX-1 sample images from around the web, I'll have no choice but to buy one.

Sorry I did not read it properly. The reaction here seems a bit more positive than for the XZ-2 which is getting a bit hammered for focusing problems. It looks like Pentax have got the fundamentals right. By keeping it simple hopefully they can shave the price so it could be very competitive.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow