Flying with camera gear

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marek07
Regular MemberPosts: 250Gear list
Like?
Re: Flying with camera gear
In reply to Passman, Feb 17, 2013

Main things to check are Carry on Luggage, I have been stung before where Check-In staff have been so unhelpful that I have ended up wearing half my camera kit!

Tamrac bags especially the Expedition series have very High dimensions so best to check.

Check Allowed Dimensions, Weight etc... Putting Camera's in the hold is Not an option for me!

If you have a large Camera Kit, a Camera list with serial number's can be helpful if you have to deal with customs especially in the U.S. or returning back to U.K.

I have never had problems with CF cards but I tend to back everything on a hardrive before returning.

Like any luggage security can check in your bag so remember nothing sharp scissors..etc.lens cleaning liquid... you would be surprised what you leave in camera bags! Also tape even a small roll is not allowed.

If you do have too much gear keep the expensive stuff, lenses, camera body etc as hand held, chargers, batteries light meter etc in the hold.

Have a Great Trip!

Marek07's gear list:Marek07's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow