TC E17ED -- is it worth $400?

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Questions thread
Emil Varadi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,048Gear list
Like?
Re: It's worth every penny. See the pictures.
In reply to privateman, Feb 17, 2013

privateman wrote:

Hello Emil,

I had been interested in the LTZ10 for some time but could not find any solution for fixing it on an FZ200 ...

Do you have any comparison shots to see how the E17ED compares to it? Do you still use it?

Regrettably I have no comparison shots, but at that time - we are talking about 2006 - there was an American professor of Asian origin, who had a website comparing all these teleconverters.  I cannot recall his name, but I bought the Nikon converter based upon his research.

Believe me there is no real competition between the converters as the Nikon produces results that are near to what the big Nikon DSLR lenses can do. Just remember that teh FZ-20 and the 30 were ridiculously low megapixel machines compared to today's standards.

I'm not using the Nikon converter, because we sold the Fz20 and 30 and my wife went over to Fujifilm XS1. I have not given up hope that somehow I could put the converter on the Fuji.

Emil Varadi's gear list:Emil Varadi's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Ricoh GR Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow