ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photofan1986
Senior MemberPosts: 2,046Gear list
Like?
Question to EPM-2 users.
Feb 17, 2013

Hi fellow photographers!

I have a question to Epm-2 users. I'm on the fence of buying either the Epl-5 or the Epm-2, and I was drawn towards the Epl-5 for its external controls, but having used my dad's Epl-3, I actually find the tilting screen obtrusive, in that it is in the way of the small dial. I think I could live without it if I can get more room for my fingers.

But I am wondering about a couple of ergonomic issues.

1) On the Epl-3, there is an option in the menu (Oly calls it something like security...??) that allows you to change the shutter speed or aperture directly by turning the wheel, without having to first press the button up. You have to turn this option off. It works great, but I wonder if this is also possible on the Epm-2, as from a couple of reviews I've seen, you HAVE to first press the arrow up.

2) Once the photo has been taken, how do you zoom in the picture in playback mode? Is there a pinch and zoom option? Actually, on the Epl-3, I find the small zoom buttons quite crammed and the screen frame being too fat, making their use quite difficult. Maybe again, the lack of tilt screen might be a plus here.

Many thanks in advance for helping me out!

photofan1986's gear list:photofan1986's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow