Started Feb 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KENTGA
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,500Gear list
Like?
Please help suggest studio strobes for me
Feb 17, 2013

I am an older, advanced amateur and do not ownany studio strobes and I am setting up a 14' x 28' room with 9' ceilings that I can use partially as a "studio". It won't get a heck of a lot of use and I'd appreciate suggestions or links for which brands to consider or not. I'd like three strobe lights and the various boxes and stands. I'll do some portraits (head shots and maybe 2 or 3 people in full shots) and "other" work. I see several kits offered from Adorama, B&H, Interfit, etc and wold like to spend $500 (Interfit has a 150ws 3 light kit for $500) to $1500 total, but would like to stay around $1000 or under simply because it won't get used that much.

I don't need battery power or portability and would appreciate any suggestions for accessories not included in the kit. I have Canon 7D & 6D and 580EX flash and ST-2 and older Pocket Wizards if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance,

Kent

KENTGA's gear list:KENTGA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D +14 more
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow