E-5 vs K-5 ii Locked

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Rriley
Forum ProPosts: 21,845Gear list
Re: E-5 vs K-5 ii
In reply to DaveP E1, Feb 17, 2013

DaveP E1 wrote:

Give me a compelling reason to stick with Oly. I have a once in a lifetime vacation coming up - Machu Picchu & Galapogos and will retire my trusty E-1 for something with IS and more reach. The E-5 will require all new lenses, 12-60 & 50-200 ~$3300. The Pentax K-5 ii on the other hand has a nice walk-around 18-135mm (x1.5) f3.8 kit lens lens with supposed better IQ, dynamic range, very high ISO ~$1500. With Oly possibly abandoning the semi-pro SLR market it seems like a no-brainer. Ruggedness/ weatherproofing/dependability is high on my list of attributes. Can the K-5 ii comapre with the build quaility of the E-1. For that matter, can even the E-5 compare?

I guess a lighter burden would make it all more pleasurable, I think myself I might have looked at OMD or some other breed of mirrorless. But in the case of OMD it would require more dedicated lenses to indulge in much 'advanced action' photography. Kinda makes it a similar investment/cost.

so maybe not the answer you were looking for, but for me OMD and a couple or three primes.

-- hide signature --

Dave P E1 14-54 FL50

-- hide signature --

Riley
any similarity to persons living or dead is coincidental and unintended
support 1022 Sunday Scapes'

Rriley's gear list:Rriley's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus E-M1
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow