X100 or wait for X100s?

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
David V
Senior MemberPosts: 1,006Gear list
Like?
Re: Return policy works fine for Amazom
In reply to JoeRadza, Feb 17, 2013

JoeRadza wrote:

Whether we agree or disagree with David, remember two things. Amazon is hugely successful and if they didn't want people returning products haphazardly they wouldn't allow it. I don't do it, but that has nothing to do with his right to take advantage of a company's policies. And, as David pointed out, who knows if Amazon doesn't use the policy as a "loss leader" to increase sales down the line.

Agreed Joe, but just to be clear, I don't haphazardly return products.  I would not have ordered it if I weren't seriously interested in it.

As an example, I thought about ordering each of the small Fuji flashes to try (EF-20 and the EFX-20) and sending one back that I didn't want.  Why would I do this?  Because while I like the form factor of the EFX-20 better, I was concerned about recycle time and the use of AAA batteries.  I thought I would compare them and if differences weren't a big deal in real life shooting, I would keep the EFX-20 as I like it's physical dimensions, build quality and retro styling better.  In the end, I just decided to buy the EF-20 and not do the comparison, as I just did not want to deal with AAA batteries when everything else that I power uses AA batteries.

I could have done this in a local store, but they didn't have both flashes in stock and traveling 60 miles to B&H and paying a king's ransom for parking in NYC would have made no sense when Amazon has a policy that allows me the flexibility to do this in the comfort of my own environment with a period of time to make a solid decision at no risk to me.

One last example......Last year when I sent the $200 Sigma 30mm lens back to Amazon (my only return of the year), guess which lens I kept?  The $1000 Zeiss 24/1.8 lens that I ordered at the same time to compare the two.  I think Amazon made out OK on that deal.  No?

I just have to shake my head at the ridiculous crap that flys around here sometimes.

David V's gear list:David V's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow