Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Enir4
Senior MemberPosts: 2,019Gear list
Like?
Re: All set to sell the RX1
In reply to Muizen -Belgium, Feb 17, 2013

Muizen -Belgium wrote:

Richard Spangler wrote:

You can use the crop mode for 50 and 70 that Works great due to the high mp and sharp lens. also just stepping a few feet back or forward gives you 24-70 equiv in a much smaller lighter package with faster lens and same or better IQ.

I do understand that in camera cropping for 50 and 70 can remedy the need for tele in the RX1. But if I would like to have a view wider than 35mm cropping would not answer this need?

Or do I not quite understand what Richard is saying?

-- hide signature --

Harry

You do understand, namely that a 35 is a 35 is a 35. My solution is not in camera cropping (it is possibe only in JPEG, while I always shoot raw and crop to my heart's content, to 50 or to 43 or not at all, who knows), but carrying in the pocket my walkaround zoom, the RX100. After a month with the RX1, I use my walkaround zoom less and less.

Enrique

Enir4's gear list:Enir4's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow