Such excellence!

Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Leo James Mitchell
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,630
Like?
Re: Nice pen! + an article on pen collectors
In reply to solarider, Feb 17, 2013

solarider wrote:

Quite a handsome looking pen, beautiful craftsmanship.

Interesting timing Leo, there's an article on pen collectors in today's L.A. Times:

page 1 http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-pen-show-20130216,0,6291249.story

page 2 http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-pen-show-20130216,0,6291249.story?page=2

-- hide signature --

History would be something extraordinary, if only it were true. Leo Tolstoy
Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media.
Noam Chomsky
Science... became scientism, which means it didn't just pursue its own truths, it aggressively denied that there were any other truths at all... Ken Wilbur
At any given moment, there is a sort of all pervading orthodoxy, a general tacit
agreement not to discuss large and uncomfortable facts… Anyone who
challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising
effectiveness. - George Orwell
“It's not a matter of whether the war is not real, or if it is, Victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. … The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over [the purported enemy], but to keep the very structure of society intact.” George Orwell, 1984
- - -

Thank you so much for your kind words and the links to the article. Many people are beginning once again to use a fountain pen. In many countries like India and others in that area, the use of pen and ink in their education system is mandatory right up to the university level. The fountain pen and ink industries are having a revival in a growing way. I now have 20 in my collection and I think that will be about it since I seem to gravitate to beautiful and expensive pens, so it behooves me to save some shekels for my other loves like photography and my home theater. Also I just bought a new house so my minister of the exchequer says I shall be more careful with my finances and I must listen to her or else!! LOL! I will use my new pen to sign the closing papers on Tuesday.

Best regards

Leo

-- hide signature --

K-5: Pentax DA* 200mm f2.8, Pentax DA* 55mm f1.4, Pentax DA 35mm f2.8 Limited, Pentax DA14mm f2.8, Pentax DFA 100mm WR Macro , Sigma 17-70mm Zoom, Sigma EX DG f2.8 70mm Macro, Pentax 1.7 lens adapter, Cokin Pro Z Filter System. Benro B-4 Ball-Head, Benro C297-M8 Carbon Fiber Flexpod, Benro Precision HD-38 3-Way Pan-Head
Shooting photographs since 1948
mitch

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow