Show us your Pet Shots

Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
reygon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,987
Like?
Re: Two of ours....
In reply to Ben Herrmann, Feb 17, 2013

Ben Herrmann wrote:

Here's "Smudgy," who is 9 years old now. We got her at just 4 weeks old when she was a feral kitten. Her unusual markings led us to name her "Smudgy" for what appears are a series of brown, tan, black, and white smudge-like coloring patterns throughout her coat. She's a very private cat and will hid if other people visit. She was in bad shape when we first got her, very tattered looking, had one eye swollen shut, had fleas, etc. But with lots of love, nurturing (and spoiling), and making her an indoor cat, she has turned into a beauty with a very regal look to her. I managed to capture that regal look in this photo. She was sitting on the chair next to my PC, just watching me when I snapped this in bonce flash mode:

The next image is of our newest cat - "Sheba." I saw Sheba in a local Pet Smart Store (they have animals on loan from local shelters and you can adopt them there). When I approached the cage, Sheba just started reaching through the bars and meowed up a storm - so much so that she caught my eye and I knew that at that point, "she had decided to adopt me." I couldn't deny her request and we took her home the same day. She's a classic domestic short hair tabby and boy does she love people. She's more like a dog, playing like one, and when folks come into the home, she has to greet them with loud purrs and constant chattering, and she demands that all guests rub her tummy. She rules the house really:

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

cute Smudgy and Sheba. And looks like they love to be photographed too

-- hide signature --

reygon
----------------------------------------------------------------
Take nothing but photos... Kill nothing but time... Leave nothing but footprints...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LadyNew
JackNew
zackNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow