From the Olympus Website--A little better translation than DPReview

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Messier Object
Senior MemberPosts: 2,965Gear list
Like?
Technology trumps magic every time
In reply to bofo777, Feb 17, 2013

bofo777 wrote:

I have no problem with my 2.0 and 1.4 lenses and usable product up to 2500 iso with my E-5. I have shot many very usable shots in dim buildings and churches with wonderful results. Outside the golden period of sunrise or sunset I have never had a problem. Somehow the much maligned E-5 is still a very magical camera ...I guess you will be one of those guys running in the streets.

My main interest is bird/wildlife and I shoot with the ZD300mm /2.8.  Most bird shots  need to be cropped, and I'm using 1/1000 sec and faster. In anything other than good light the E-5 sensor produces  noise in shadows and even blue sky which becomes more noticeable in close crops, and needs a lot of work PP to remove. In those situations ISO 800 really is the best I can get out of the E-5. So yes I'll be happy with a new E-7 (or whatever) as it will extend the range of lighting situations in which I can shoot with my big lens

Peter

Messier Object's gear list:Messier Object's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-300 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-30 Canon EOS 5D Mark III +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DSLRNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow