Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Joel Stern
Forum ProPosts: 10,524Gear list
Like?
Re: Return policy works fine for Amazom
In reply to David V, Feb 17, 2013

David V wrote:

JoeRadza wrote:

David, I agree with you until you said that they realize a $5000 profit on a $15,000 sale. In any event, until they change their policies, you are free to do what works for you. Just remember, they can and do keep records. Many companies no longer accept returns from customers they consider "habitual" returners.

Do you not think they make 30-35% on much of the merchandise they sell? I would bet they do. Even if they make 20-25%, it still far outweighs the one item I may return that they take a $200 (or less) hit on.

I'm sure they keep records for habitual returners though I haven't heard of any corrective action policies surrounding that. For the record, I am not a habitual returner. In fact of all the merchandise I purchased from Amazon in 2012 I returned one thing. A Sigma 30mm lens for Sony NEX, so I think Amazon made out very well on me in the past year which included all my Fuji lenses and accessories for my X-E1 and tons of other non-photography related purchases.

Depending on item and price point they have to be making from 30-well over 50%.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow