Started Feb 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gruncharov
Junior MemberPosts: 36Gear list
Like?
5D3 and Exposure Issues
Feb 17, 2013

Just yesterday I received my 5D3, and upgrading from a 600D there is a lot of difference. I love the new body, yet there seems to be an issue I simply can't understand.

No matter what mode or metering mode, my pictures seem to be several stops underexposed. Coming from a 600D doesn't mean that I don't understand exposure or metering - I do, at least to my knowledge. There are also a lot of threads on different forums about this issue (I am not talking about the light-leak).

Av,Tv,M - it's always the same issue - even on creative mode (well just for testing purposes), again, heavily underexposed. People at the Canon forums advice to increase the exposure with 1-2-3 stops, depending n the circumstances, yet I can't understand why I have to correct this each time manually, when metering should be working in a camera of this price-range.

I can fully replicate the issues mentioned in this thread:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1171818

My concern is, that there is eventually something wrong with my body. Please advise. I can't believe that the metering on the 600D is better, so I know that I am making a mistake somewhere, if it's not a hardware problem.

I am testing with a 24-105 and a 50mm (1.8).

Best,

George

gruncharov's gear list:gruncharov's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow