14-35mm f/2.0 full-size sample with spectacular detail

Started Feb 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
John Mason
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,630Gear list
Like?
I shoot mostly with the EM5 these days
In reply to Darrell500, Feb 17, 2013

The Canon these days is the 5dMkIII which was a substantial upgrade from the mkII.  The E5 is a great camera!  But if I'm going to grab a kit that large I grab the 5dmkIII.

I'm using the em5 with the 12, 25 (Panasonic f1.4) and 45 primes - it does a awesome job!

On the Canon side I added the 17-40 and the new 100 macro.

My kit's on both sides of the fence keep growing

But, like tomorrow where I'll be at an 'quiet sports' outdoor show, the EM5 will be the camera of choice with the 25 f1.4 with 12 in the pocket.  I don't like going to events like this with the Canon for two reasons, people react to the camera or think your some type of official photographer, and the em5 is much smaller and lighter.  The large advantage the E5 had over the Canon kit lessoned somewhat with the MkIII as the MkIII has the focusing speed and accuracy like my older 1ds series of bodies and like the E5.  Also the light metering and color are much improved on the newer Canon.  Still, I get better IQ without pp out of the Olympus cameras.

Here's an E5 shot with the 14-35:

From my trip to Greece back in 2010 a few months after I got the E5.

-- hide signature --
 John Mason's gear list:John Mason's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-35mm 1:2.0 SWD Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PrisNew
JohnNew
skeys MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow