XF 14mm is a bad lens? .... absolutely not (some pictures Kek Lok Si - Chinese New Year)

Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Daniel from Bavaria
Contributing MemberPosts: 733
Like?
Re: XF 14mm is a bad lens? .... absolutely not (some pictures Kek Lok Si - Chinese New Year)
In reply to Daniel from Bavaria, Feb 17, 2013

Hello,

thanks for your positive comments. Yes I am really enjoying the lens.

@TThorne: Hope you recover fast. I don't know your feet, but at least after two or three shots I assume they give kind of a boring picture

@Ray: You are right with the OVF, I was not clear in my statement. The OVF works fine if you look into the scene, pick the camera and frame. Because one can anticipate what is behind the lens barell and the three given edges are fine to frame as seen. But of course the 90% are only right if you "erase" the lens barrel out of the OVF-view, which blocks roughly 25% of view by its own. So if you use the OVF you can have some bad surprises in the final pictures because something was hidden behind the lens barrel. Therefore the EVF is more suitable here.

With kind of negeative comments I ment some talk in some forums about the apperture ring and "sharp" edges on the AF clutch. But as it showed thats not an isue. Yes, there is some "air" in the apperture rings axial movement, but it feels like they wanted to have it so; no "lose" feeling. And the rest is just perfectly build. A very sturdy and nice piece of engineering.

Take care,

Daniel

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow