NO MF indicator when the xpro is set to Manual with the 14mm HELP

Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
JimLong
Regular MemberPosts: 266
Like?
Re: NO MF indicator when the xpro is set to Manual with the 14mm HELP
In reply to Vic Chapman, Feb 17, 2013

Well, I'm 72, so I think that qualifies as old fart.  And yes I understand hyperfocal distance.  As you pointed out, you don't need a focus ribbon for autofocus, but that is where it is provided for the 14 - not in manual focus.  And I found the focus ribbon on the 14 to be pretty accurate.  On the 18-55, where it is available in manual focus, it is completely useless because it is only accurate at one focal length.  I don't have a problem with the markings on the lens (although, try your technique at night and see how well it works), I would just like to have the focus ribbon available if I wanted to use it.   By the way, I tried a little simplistic test which made me think that manual focus, as you suggested, is not fly by wire.  If that is actually the case, then they probably cannot implement the focus ribbon in manual mode.  So probably old farts and whippersnappers alike are out of luck on this one.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow