ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
candgpics
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Help needed for Photoshop CS5 slowness
Feb 16, 2013

Hi:

Photoshop CS5 runs somewhat sluggishly.  Generally speaking it is not too bad--but slower than I think it should operate, but when I apply filters (blurs) or use plug-ins (OnOne and AlienSkin), especially the CS5 blur filters Photoshop is very slow--like several minutes to apply a blur.

I am running Photoshop CS5 on a recently upgraded-to Windows 8 system (had Windows 7 and was getting the dreaded BSOD frequently; upgraded online to Windows 8 and then replaced my Dell XPS' 10ghz of ram with all new ram).  Before I upgraded to Windows 8 I had the same sluggishness with CS5--so it was not the upgrade.

I have an i7 920 Intel 2.66 ghz system.  I have 24 gb of RAM (loaded motherboard), and a Radeon 6850 with 1 gb of video ram.  Open GL drawing is enabled in CS5.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks so much.

candgpics's gear list:candgpics's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +4 more
Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow