Optimizing PS on new(used) Macbook Pro.....

Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jerry Pruce
Contributing MemberPosts: 715
Like?
Optimizing PS on new(used) Macbook Pro.....
Feb 16, 2013

I just purchased a used 2011 i7 15" MBP with a 240gb SSD drive and 16 gigs of ram. I would like to use this as my working drive. I'm going to switch out the optical drive for a 750gb 7200rpm conventional which I can purchase for $75 through OWC or another SSD. Samsung has a 250gb SSD which I've seen on sale foe $150. I'm currently using most intensively PS CS4, Lightroom 4, Corel Painter X, and Artrage. Unfortunately, I can't upgrade to CS6 from CS4. However, in the 64 bit mode I can still utilize all my ram with CS5 which is my main reason for upgrading.

What would be the best way to optimize the SSD drive and ram for SC5. Some of my files are large (up to a 1/2 a gig that I print to a Epson 9600. And what would be better as a second drive to store my working files, a 750gb 7200rpm conventional drive or a 250gb SSD dive?

I also have 1.5 terabytes of external storage and another 2tbs on the way.

Your comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jerry

Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow