Sony Cyber Shot HX30V flash issues help/ any camera flash issues?

Started Feb 16, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cocofx
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
Sony Cyber Shot HX30V flash issues help/ any camera flash issues?
Feb 16, 2013

i just recieved this camera in the mail today. Sony HX30V. It seems the picture quility is great, in regular light, low light with the flash on or off.

The issue iam having is, when ever you take a photo with the flash on in any light setting that the flash will make the area brighter, you end up seeing a shadowed area directly on the oppisite/ diagnal side of where the flash is. no matter what i do this occurs. its worse when you take close up pictures with the flash, the area is pretty big. with far away pictures in low light. you see a smaller shadowed area. example. regular horizonal picture: shadow is on the bottom right of picture.

the flash is posiotioned in a bad spot it seems. it pops up on the top left side of the camera and the zoom/ lens sticks out blocking part of the flash in the picture causing this shadow area in all pictures with flash. i dont wanna pay for a camera in which i cant take good looking pictures in both day and low light.

is there something i can do about this?? or does all cameras experience this?? thx

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow