Do any MX-1 owners have any comparison shots they've taken with other premium compacts?

Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
photocat2007
Regular MemberPosts: 402Gear list
Like?
Re: Do any MX-1 owners have any comparison shots they've taken with other premium compacts?
In reply to 2eyesee, Feb 16, 2013

Well sadly I cannot give any direct comparisons as when I turned on my Oly XZ-1 today, it died.  (What timing!).  Of course it is passed the warranty as I bought in June 2011 but let's just say this is the first camera I've had just die on me so I'm not feeling the love with the quality.  I also could never warm up to the Oly menu though when used in RAW it produced very nice results.

I'm never a first adopter either so me getting the MX-1 now is a bit unusual for me and best decision I've made in a long time.  LOVE the handling and menus.  So incredibly easy to use and so far love the quality of the photos though granted haven't had much time to play with it under various conditions.

I've uploaded a few shots, nothing special.  All were shot in RAW.  The two close up flowers had minimal processing (one filter applied either in LR or Nik) the other with all the flowers had no processing at all, just a conversion to jpeg and compressed.

photocat2007's gear list:photocat2007's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-A1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow