Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeff Peterman
Forum ProPosts: 10,570Gear list
Like?
Video conversion tool
Feb 16, 2013

I'm not sure if this is the best place for the post, but I'll go ahead anyway.

I have a bunch of videos on unprotected DVDs that I would like to watch on my Android tablet. I'm having a hard time finding something reliable for this.

I had been using Cyberlink Power Director 10 for a while, but it has a habit of producing MP4 files  where the video is frozen for a while. I've been very frustrated to be about 90 minute into to a two hour video, only to have the video freeze for about a 10 minute section of the video. I've tried Sony Vegas Studio HD 10 and had that lock up on my when making the MP4 file. I tried using Nero Recode, and it had the same problem as Power Director, only more repeatable - the video is locked from about 30 minutes to about 40 minutes.

I've tried a number of free applications, but none of them are perfect. Right now, I'm using Handbrake, but I'm having a hard time getting good quality output (I'm sure it's a settings issue) and it doesn't let me crop to the section of video I want.

So, any recommendation?

-- hide signature --

Jeff Peterman, Moderator 7D and Phone/Tablet forums.
Not a staff member, or paid employee, of DPReview.
Any insults, implied anger, bad grammar and bad spelling, are entirely unintentionalal. Sorry.
www.pbase.com/jeffp25
www.jeffp25.smugmug.com

Jeff Peterman's gear list:Jeff Peterman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +16 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow