Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kev777zero
Senior MemberPosts: 1,476Gear list
Like?
5R & SEL55210 does flag football
Feb 16, 2013

I was asked to take some photos for my friends today at a flag football tournament, so I took my NEX-5R & SEL55210 out for some action shots. I used continuous autofocus and speed priority continuous shooting, and made sure not to pass f/6.3 for I wanted PDAF to work. I was trying to use object tracking at first but soon gave up due to the difficulty of selecting the subject, so the camera chose the area of focus.

I took around 200 action shots, with about 20 of them being acceptable to me, and even fewer that were both sharp and hitting the moment I wanted. Having to also own the LA-EA2 as well, I would say my success rate would've been better but still low even then, as it's not only about autofocus but catching the right frame/moment as well. Overall I am impressed the autofocus improvements with the new generation NEXes, and look forward to the future of on-sensor PDAF.

Images were OOC jpeg, with lifting brightness and increasing sharpness on some of them.

C&C welcomed!

kev777zero's gear list:kev777zero's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-5N NEX5R Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +4 more
NEX5R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow