Cohabitation with Twitchers

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
eenymac
Contributing MemberPosts: 898Gear list
Like?
Re: Cohabitation with Twitchers
In reply to AndyMulhearn, Feb 16, 2013

I have seen some quite heated back and forth arguments on wildlife / bird forums in the UK on this issue.  The twitchers accuse the photographers of disturbing the birds and the photographers accuse the twitchers of getting in the way and hogging the views. 

It's always going to be a touchy subject though.  I have personally been sat static for a lengthy period freezing my butt off waiting for bitterns to appear, blending in and keeping quiet, only to have 2 dozen twitchers come and stand next to me with big scopes and talking loudly amongst themselves.  I think that's an issue though - the twitchers have big scopes and binoculars whereas the photographers need to get closer to get a shot.  Whatever the issues are though, there has to be some common sense and courtesy on both sides.  After all, we are both there to see and appreciate nature, are we not?

eenymac's gear list:eenymac's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow