Africa - the hopeless continent? or is it.....

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
KEVZPHOTOS
Forum ProPosts: 17,349
Like?
Re: Warning KEVZ, education ahead!
In reply to Paljas, Feb 16, 2013

Paljas wrote:

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Paljas wrote:

am I correct in assuming that this is your personal belief - not just some thing you read about a correlation?

No, it is not my personal invention...I did not come up with this original hypothesis.....therefore, your assumption is incorrect

I didn't ask if it was your invention. I asked if this is your personal belief. (IQ as being climatically influenced. Also IQ being reversible by being relocated to a cooler climate.)

. Discussing the linkage between environmental (including climatic) factors and human development is not a new idea and has been around ever since I became interested in such sociology topics.

So what is your point? Its an old idea? and therefore what? You are interested in enlightening the uneducated sociology topics.

Would you rather just answer the question?

you pointed out IQ as being climatically influenced. Also IQ being reversible by being relocated to a cooler climate.

am I correct in assuming that this is your personal belief - not just some thing you read about a correlation?

I think (believe, if you like)...that there is a correlation between environmental-climatic factors and human development...which will probably include IQ upon some level.

Whether or not this would actually be "reversible" is impossible to predict...because 1) that process would take a long time to occur.....and 2) WE have no idea...that human development having reached a certain level (IQ)...would actually digress...IF the patterns (conditions) were reversed.

In others words, hypothetically speaking...

IF suddenly all of the human population were relocated BACK to equatorial Africa (which isn't possible of course)...would society in say 20,000 years...have reverted back to a more primitive era.

WE cannot base any kind of prediction here.

Would the hot/humid climate slowly over time create a lower motivational component?

Would it create a more laid-back, relaxed, less work-production orientated social outlook and related behaviors?

Would humans actually become lethargic, both physically and psychologically?

Would this then have an effect upon human innovation, creativity, or the NEED to come up with new advancements continuously?

Would this over a long duration, consequently influence the knowledge base, learning process, awareness, ingenuity, etc....and ultimately effect thought-process and neural pathway functioning within the brain?

WE have no way of knowing.

However, it cannot simply just be ruled out.

KEV

"No problem can be solved at the level of consciousness which created it" - Albert Einstein

Thanks for taking the time to answer so fully and summing up at the end. I think I am comprehending better what you are saying.

You are welcome.

I mean, you are a fan of Yolandi (and now Tarja)...so how could I refuse.

KEV

"No problem can be solved at the level of consciousness which created it" - Albert Einstein

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow