Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,797Gear list
Like?
Re: What has happened to Nikon?
In reply to frank-in-toronto, Feb 16, 2013

frank-in-toronto wrote:

"the guy said, "You shouldn't have any rattles.""

that's what Nikon should say. their reputation among enthusiasts is damaged with the latest releases. p&s'ers and other with kit lens entry level dslrs looking to move on up will naturally be asking those they see with the new cameras. so a D800 owner who suffered the AF issue or a D600 who has the dust issue will influence future purchases.

think about it. who would you ask? someone you know with the camera? or a camera store salesman?

My friends and I have warned everyone we know to stay away from new Nikon FX DSLR bodies for now. It's a trickle down effect. The last person I know of directly to get a new D800 has the left point focus issue and it was delivered two weeks into the new year.

How could anyone feel good about recommending the D800 to a friend at this point? Or the D600? Now go look at the forums on the 5DIII. You may find a few complaints, but nothing like this. After the initial let-down of the 5DIII sensor specs, buyers began to find that it's a incredibly refined and reliable product. And after many owners got over the euphoria of the incredible specs of the D800 we found just the opposite.

Obviously I'm not remotely alone with my experiences and this is a new plateau of incompetence for Nikon. But I have to think that lost money will eventually force them to make improvements. I guess we'll see.

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow