Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
grampaeddy
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
The M43/MFT Shaft !
Feb 16, 2013

YOUR NOT GOING TO LIKE THIS! -- Jump back in time to film days, small pocket Olympus XA in hand, take the shot. Wow full frame negative from a small camera/lens, light weight, pocketable, low cost to use etc. and again "FULL FRAME" in a small unit. Back to reality (today), lets see 4/3, m43, aps-c, 1/1.7 etc. etc. ratios and oh yeah full frame Leicas at half the cost of a car. If the tiny optics in these old pocket film cameras could fill a 35mm frame, why no "FULL FRAME" pocket cameras for the masses ? My GX1, G3, G12, and G15 all work great. But I can scan an old neg from old tech that excels all my new gear. The film drives, auto focus, film take-up spool all took up space in the old pocket cameras. So, with new smaller tech there should be plenty of room for a full frame sensor, battery, mem card, etc. without breaking the bank. Silicon is dirt cheap, sensors are mass produced, and a skilled assembler can be Chineese (I don't care what the Germans at Leica say, I'm half German). With all this and labor costs about as low as it gets off shore, Where is the "FULL FRAME" under $1000 pocket camera ?     Today's Quote "STIR THE POT".

Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G15 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow