Senior MemberPosts: 6,297
Like?
Re: Why are we so divided?
In reply to kcbeatty, Feb 16, 2013

kcbeatty wrote:

NuFonaut wrote:

kcbeatty wrote:

vadimraskin wrote:

Everything is a fight? Gay marriage, abortion, economy, Social Security.

Do we have to be so intolerant to each other? We weren't after 9/11 and I thought back then that America has a chance to be united for good.

Nope, didn't last.

I miss that feeling of being united in something. It was consoling after horrors of that Day.

Well, the Giant went back to sleep. Back after the first time we were attacked December 7th by Japan it didn't take them very long to realize they had made a mistake. In their own words "We have awakened the sleeping giant".

The same type of phenomena took place after 9/11. I guess you need a big event taking place that involves an outside attack on a part of America. Like you I miss the feeling of being united against the people who attacked us. American Flags were displayed everywhere you looked. All of our allies were united with us too.

Only until the Bush administration´s lies and the killing of people in foreign countries started. I remember how i once read a man stating that he misses the cold war. I remember feeling sorry for the guy and the sad life he must live.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Nothing, he was just responding to your post, specifically the last sentence.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow