Started Feb 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
DreamsAreDust
Regular MemberPosts: 418
Like?
Re: In memory of Chato
In reply to bikinchris, Feb 16, 2013

bikinchris wrote:

DreamsAreDust wrote:

My wife always says "No more" when we lose a cat..

And then we see a kitten on death row at the vets (where we were they only kept them for two weeks then it's the needle) and it becomes "Oh!.. We've GOT to save that one"

We do.

I would much rather see a stray or pound dog rescued that have £££ given to a breeder (especially since I've seen some very sad-act breeders!).

Our latest, Sally, now 5 yrs old, was rescued off of death row at the vets - she was only 6 weeks old at the vets, so she'd got there at 5 weeks old. That's way to young to be taken from her mum..

So, as much as we love cats - and we still do like dogs - we understand your feelings and commiserate with you..

-- hide signature --

Don't bother with dreams, reality turns them into dust..

The local rescue shelter had an old bloodhound up for adoption a while back that they showed on a morning program. We wanted to get him and love him for his last years, but just never did it. We travel so much it would hurt to leave him behind.

Yes.. you need to be able to do it properly.. without massive changes to your existing lifestyle..

I hope he found a great home to rest for his last years.

I agree.. our pets give so unconditionally - I've even seen very badly mistreated dogs who cower from their master, tail between their legs, take the snake bite for him.. (Back in Australia).

I wanted to rip the snake off the dog and shove it down the arssehole's throat!

Cats, when you start to understand their ways, also give love unconditionally (the mistake people make is trying to treat them like dogs.. alpha male, slave dog, etc.. it doesn't work with cats).

The saddest thing is an old dog who's been with his master 15 years or so and the guys dies of old age.. now the dog is wondering what the FK happened, where has all the strokes and loves gone? Why is he here on this cold concrete when he was in a warm bed two weeks ago?..

-- hide signature --

"Moving parts in rubbing contact require lubrication to avoid excessive wear. Honourifics
and formal politeness provide lubrication where people rub together.
Often the very young, the untravelled, the naive, the unsophisticated deplore these
formalities as "empty," "meaningless," or "dishonest," and scorn to use them.
No matter how pure their motives, they thereby throw sand into machinery that does not
work too well at best."
--Robert Heinlein in "The Notebooks of Lazarus Long"

-- hide signature --

Don't bother with dreams, reality turns them into dust..

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow