ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RaqueBalboa
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
New Lens for D3200
Feb 16, 2013

Hi all!

I just recently purchased my D3200 within the last year and love it! I'm still new to learning everything, but am always open to suggestions. I love to take pictures of family (babies, group shots, at the pool, etc.), landscapes, flowers, birds, my dogs, etc. I'm my family's photographer (as in I'm the ONLY one to take family photos, only one to ever bring a camera, etc.). I only have 2 lenses, a Nikon 50mm f/1.8D and a 70-300mm. I really enjoy my 50mm because of it's size and it also gives me wonderful pictures. I use my 70-300mm sometimes, mainly for taking pictures of birds, and as of recently to a college basketball game, but it's big to haul around. I have limited usage for it because of the 70 focal length. Even my 50mm is sometimes too close. So, I've been wanting to purchase another lens, e.g. 16-85mm. However, the thought of carrying around 3 lenses tires me! So I also debate whether to¬†purchase a lens with a more vast focal length range like the 18-200VR2 or 18-300mm. That way I can be covered and don't have to worry about missing a shot to change lenses. On the other hand however, the 18-300mm is almost 2x the weight of my 70-300 and that little facet kind of steers me away, but if it does the job then I don't mind. If I also purchased a 18-200 or 18-300, then I would obviously sell my 70-300 as I don't see the need to keep it. Anyways, I was just wanting some¬†feedback, suggestions, etc. Should I sell my 70-300mm for a 18-200 or 18-300? or should I purchase a 3rd lens like the 16-85 and be covered in all focal length ranges?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow